Monday 12 February 2018

Boxes and Tape. Are you using the right ones?

2021 has been the great failure for the world unless you are in politics.  Then you are a hero and rich.  Surprise surprise, but the rest of us had to learn how to live in an eCommerce based world and one that limited our ability to work.  So with that being said, I have learned a whole lot about different things this year and how to survive.  The change in our company and in my family life has taught me that there is a whole lot of things, that I don't know before, and am excited to keep up.  My company moved into a new location and my family moved from an apartment to a house for the first time.  This had taken me on a journey of learning how to do things and how some small items end up being the most important and time-saving.  It really has been a fun experience this year and it turns out that having the right tape is truly important and can help save lots of time in certain situations. Never would have guessed it last year though.



This journey has led me down a lot of interesting paths and what I found was that having things available instantly to me was more important than not having them.  I am usually a you can get it later kind of guy, but not anymore.  I have been on many projects where I simply needed something and it takes an hour to go to the store and back or it takes two days to ship from online.  Those time frames in some cases can cause a catastrophe or simply waste a lot of money which is my time. This led me to learn how to buy lots of tape at a discount.  Moving into a home that needed tons of work meant that I made lots of trips to big box stores for small items wasting so much time.  What I learned from work as that I could order all these items from a big packaging supplies store and save tons of money and time.  



Some types of tape you simply use more than others.  If you buy all of those in single rolls the cost adds up quickly if you think about how many rolls you use during a year.  For my family, we were remodeling a house and that number tripled or more.  So we ended up shopping in bulk from a packaging supplies store that had bulk pricing and discounts for large quantities and large was not really that much.  So we ended up saving 30% or more on buying it all at once from this type of store.  It did take longer on shipping than amazon but for a 30% cost savings the few extra days were worth it and now we have tape for the whole year.  Savings was a big win to me.



Tape is a necessity in life.  If you need to package up a box to ship or to store your goods, then either of these tapes will work.  If you are doing any kind of ductwork rather in or under your house the duct tape is amazing for holding things tightly especially if you have to screw into the aluminum or plastic ducts to hold on pipes.  I found it priceless to have it on hand and ready to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Types of Mailers

Mailers are a great way to get your message in front of potential customers. They can be a quick and easy way for companies to advertise the...